Shipping & Return Policy
Your total cost of purchase of any product will include shipping and handling charges shown before you place your order online.
Please note that customers are responsible for all freight charges for re-deliveries, incorrect delivery details, and these are added to the invoice total.
Items Unavailable (no stock)
Orders are released for despatch when all products have been allocated to the order.
Any items that are unavailable due to a sudden change in stock availability will be placed on back order. David Tran will endeavour to fulfil all back orders as soon as possible and will notify you or update your order status with ETAs where possible. Customers may request to have a part shipment if wanted.
Should suppliers also not have the product in stock then you may request a modification, refund, or store credit for the item/s and request a part shipment of your order.
Please check our web site for the back ordered item's estimated time of arrival. Please note that these dates are estimates, and are not guaranteed to arrive on that date. Your product(s) will be promptly shipped as soon as the product arrives. No additional shipping fees will be charged for part shipments.
Your account will be charged for the entire order, so that David Tran can reserve the product and price for you. If this is not acceptable, you may cancel that portion of the order, and request an immediate store credit or refund.
Refund, Return & Warranty Policy
What is our Return Policy?
We do not normally give refunds or exchanges if you:
- simply change your mind; or
- purchased the wrong product; or
- already knew of a particular fault in a product, or we specifically advised you of a particular fault in a product; or
- damage a product after purchase due to alterations to the product not performed by us, damage the product due to unusual or non-recommended use of the product, or damage the product where the damage is caused by any factors beyond our control; or
- no proof of purchase is provided.
How do I Request / Notify a Refund, Return, or Warranty Claims?
Please feel free to Contact Us for any refund, return, or warranty requests. We will provide an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorisation) form to fill in. Please fill this form and mail back with the product.
Please note if the product is deemed NO FAULT FOUND for any warranty claim, a service fee up to $50 with any additional shipping charges may be applied; and any inspection / rejection fees by the relevant authorised service centre may also be applied. If a product is found to have been supplied to you in full compliance with the Australian Consumer Law, we may require you pay to David Tran all costs associated with returning the product to you.
How can I be Eligible for Refund, Return, or Warranty Claim?
To be eligible for a refund, return, or warranty claim, consumers must meet the following requirements:
- report the details of the fault and ship the goods back to David Tran (by post or courier);
- state what remedy you would like. David Tran does not guarantee that the remedy you request will be granted;
- provide proof of purchase when returning the goods;
- stop using the faulty item;
- ensure reasonable care is taken while the goods are in your possession.
- be sure that you did not cause the fault ie. fault was not caused by the product being used in an abnormal or non-recommended way. Such a use may be noted in the manufacturer’s warranty as rendering the manufacturer’s warranty void;
- the product must not be disposed of, lost, or destroyed. In other words, we need to be able to prove that the product has failed; and
- not have reduced in value by delay on the customer's part. Customers should bring faults to David Tran’s attention soon after they occur.
- David Tran recommends that you carefully review the details of the manufacturer’s warranty (if such a warranty applies) and ensure that you comply with the terms and conditions of the manufacturer’s warranty. David Tran accepts no responsibility for non-compliance with the manufacturer’s warranty.
Rejection of a Refund, Return, or Warranty Claim
David Tran reserves the right to reject a return, a refund, warranty claim if consumers:
- Change their mind about a product. This includes when a consumer has found a cheaper product elsewhere, has bought a gift that is unsuitable (where the consumer has not made any specific intended use of the product known to David Tran), or their circumstances have changed and they no longer require the goods.
- Caused the fault by using the product in an abnormal way. Such a use may be noted in the manufacturer’s warranty as rendering it void, or it may be a use that you wouldn't reasonably expect the product to perform
- Damaged the product by making alterations not performed by us.
- Damaged the product where the damage is caused by any factors beyond our control.
- Are unable to provide a proof of purchase, namely a tax invoice.
- Are responsible for damaging the goods by not following the care instructions (if any are provided).
In some circumstances, we are happy to offer our consumers with a conditional courtesy return if consumers want to exchange products purchased incorrectly provided the:
- customer notifies David Tran within 7 days of receipt of delivery of the product;
- products are not opened, used and are still in pristine condition;
- customer accepts a minimum restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price;
- David Tran may reject the return upon inspecting the condition of the products and will return the products to the customer at the customer’s expense.
Acceptance of such returns is at the discretion of David Tran
How do I Receive my Refund or Store Credit)?
- Refunds are transferred directly into your bank account. Customers will need to provide this information.
- Store credit is given when a customer decides to not take a refund and is provided with a redeemable coupon code
- Store credit cannot be redeemed for cash
- Store credit is not transferable and no longer refundable
- David Tran reserves the right to change the terms and conditions regarding Store Credits without further notice.
You may also request a Store Credit instead of a refund which will be credited into your online account.
Returning Goods to David Tran
David Tran does not take responsibility for any goods damaged or lost in transit when the customer sends the product back to us for warranty or return. The manufacturer’s warranty may be void if the product is damaged in transit. Please ensure the product is packed appropriately for shipping before sending it back to us. If you are unsure about how to pack a product appropriately for shipping please contact us. The consumer is responsible for any and all charges associated with returning the goods to David Tran except where the cost of transporting the goods is significant due to the size, height, or type of problem with the goods. Such charges may be reimbursed by David Tran to the consumer where the consumer is entitled at law to have those charges reimbursed to them.
Consumers may personally return goods to David Tran between 10:00am and 5:00pm Monday – Friday, unless otherwise organised with staff. No service fee will be charged to consumers who personally return goods to David Tran. To minimise processing delays customers are recommended to request an RMA number via Contact Us and drop off your item/s with the approved RMA number.
Please note that returns dropped into the showroom will not be processed immediately due to RMA jobs already in the queue.
For manufacturer direct warranty claims: customers are recommended to contact the manufacturer for expert technical support & warranty assistance, to lodge warranty claims and organize pickup or delivery. Please note that David Tran does not provide pickup services on behalf of the manufacturer/3rd party service centres. Please read manufacturer’s warranty cards/manuals for additional information regarding support and warranty.
In cases where goods are returned to us for repair that contain User Generated Data (as that term is defined in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) we advise that repairing the goods may result in the loss of the User Generated Data. User Generated Data may include (but is not limited to) data stored on a computer hard drive, laptop hard drive, camera, or USB, etc.
Special Orders, Clearance, Discontinued Items, Free products, Software, and Consumable Products
David Tran does not accept the return or exchange if consumers
- simply changed their mind;
- no longer require due to changed personal circumstances;
- found the product cheaper somewhere else;
- the goods are damaged due to misuse; or
- already knew of a particular fault in a product or we advised you of a particular fault in a product prior to purchase.
A limited warranty may also apply for clearance, discontinued, or free product. Please read the product description or contact us for more details if you are unsure whether a product within the category above has limited warranty or not.
Before any manufacturer’s warranty claim, consumers are requested to make sure the product is:
- Not affected by being used incorrectly or in an abnormal way. Such a use may be noted in the warranty as rendering it void, or it may be a use that you wouldn't reasonably expect the product to perform.
- Not disposed of, lost, or destroyed. In other words, there needs to be proof that the product has failed.
- Not reduced in value by delay on the customer's part. Customers should bring faults to David Tran’s attention soon after they occur.
David Tran is not a manufacturer or authorized service centre, therefore it is highly recommended that customers contact the manufacturer's technical support directly for any troubleshooting or technical support advice before you return the product to us for a warranty claim. Some of these manufacturer provided support services are free and may provide you expert technical advice. If the product is deemed faulty, in many cases, a tech support case number is assigned.
This can expedite the warranty process when lodging a warranty claim with David Tran or directly with the manufacturer.
Some manufacturers provide onsite or pickup and delivery services as is most common with warranty services for notebooks and LCD monitors. These direct manufacturer services, in general, allow for a quicker turnaround of warranty claims.
Due to the Privacy Act, David Tran cannot apply for a warranty claim on the customer's behalf directly with the manufacturer.
If the manufacturer directs you to return the product back to us then you should lodge an RMA warranty request via Contact Us.
Please note: The actual manufacturer’s warranty process may vary for different manufacturers and/or suppliers, so we cannot provide an accurate timeframe of how long the process will take for a particular product in the first instance. Status updates are provided once further information is received from the manufacturers, their service centre or agents.
David Tran also reserves the right to apply any service fees for any warranty claims to cover all costs incurred including inbound & return freight, supplier/manufacturer service fees, etc, if the returned product is found to be not covered by warranty, warranty has expired, no fault is found, or the item was physically damaged.